* You must be logged on to view this document.
This document provides a labeling guideline for ISBT 128 tissues products. Greater detail is given for labeling than that provided in the Technical Specification.
This will in part replace the Product Code Structure and Labeling Document.
The purpose of this document is to provide detailed information about ISBT 128 product coding for tissues. Specifically, it explains:
• the Product Code Data Structure  in detail,
• the structure of the data base that supports the product description code,
• how to select an appropriate product description code, and
• how to request new product description codes.
This will in part replace the Product Code Structure aspect of the Product Code Structure and Labeling Document.
This document gives the background behind the development of the ISBT 128 information standard and how it applies to tissue products. It describes the elements needed to achieve standardization and how the standard is used to encode product information into machine readable form.
The purpose of this document is to provide guidance on the implementation of the ISBT 128 Standard for tissues to those banks that are moving forward with the introduction of ISBT 128. Specifically it provides guidance on:
- Donation identification numbering
- Phased implementation of product coding
- Expiration date
- Label design
- Software design